United States

Texas teen arrested for plotting mass shooting at Amazon warehouse: cops

Police in San Antonio, Texas, have arrested a 19-year-old Amazon warehouse employee for allegedly threatening to carry out a mass shooting at his workplace.

Rodolfo Aceves was taken into custody last Monday on a charge of terroristic threat causing fear, which is a third-degree felony punishable by up to 10 years in state prison.

Aceves was arrested after investigators received a tip and interviewed several of his co-workers at the Amazon delivery station on Sous Vide Way, who reported allegedly hearing the teen threaten to shoot up the facility, according to a press release from the police.

“Detectives were immediately notified and acquired credible information to believe the suspect’s comments were taken as a legitimate potential mass shooting threat,” according to the police.

A co-worker at this Amazon delivery station in San Antonio told police that Aceves talked about carrying out a mass shooting, and also called the Uvalde gunman an “idol.”
Google Maps

Cops were able to quickly track down Aceves at a different location and detain him without incident.

Police also revealed they seized an AR-15 rifle from Aceves’ location.

An arrest report cited by News 4 SA stated that three days before Aceves’ arrest, a fire alarm went off at the Amazon warehouse. As staffers were filing out of the building, a co-worker said the 19-year-old told her that “it would be a good idea to pull the fire alarm and have all employees exit the building and to commit a mass shooting.”

The same co-worker said that while she was giving Aceves a ride, he talked about wanting to shoot up a school and referred to the gunman who killed 19 children and two teachers in Uvalde, Texas, a month earlier as his “idol,” according to the report.

When investigators interviewed Aceves’ father, the man said his son had struggled with mental illness in the past and was institutionalized at age 16.

The dad also claimed that Aceves had stopped taking his prescribed medication, and that the family was living in fear of him after he had purchased the AR-15.

“This is the essence of ‘see something, say something,’” police said in the release announcing Aceves’ arrest. “If not for the witness who came forward, this incident could have resulted in a tragic outcome.”

Aceves was released from jail after posting $50,000 bond. He is due back in court for a preliminary hearing on July 26.

Source link

Related Articles

Back to top button