After registering a comprehensive 2-1 win in the three-match T20I series against South Africa, the Men in Blue is set to take on the Proteas in the 50-overs leg. Left-handed opener Shikhar Dhawan will lead Team India in the absence of regular skipper Rohit Sharma – who has left for Australia to prepare for the upcoming T20 World Cup.
While the home team will rely on the likes of Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Sanju Samson, Deepak Chahar and Mohammad Siraj, the touring party is expected to play with their full strength in the series.
India: Shikhar Dhawan (c), Shubman Gill, Shreyas Iyer, Rajat Patidar, Ishan Kishan, Sanju Samson (wk), Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Avesh Khan, Mohammed Siraj, Rahul Tripathi, Mukesh Kumar, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shahbaz Ahmed, Ravi Bishnoi
South Africa: Janneman Malan, Quinton de Kock (wk), Temba Bavuma (c), Aiden Markram, David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Wayne Parnell, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Anrich Nortje, Heinrich Klaasen, Lungi Ngidi, Reeza Hendricks
- October 06: 1st ODI at Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow – 01:30 pm IST/ 08:00 am GMT
- October 09: 2nd ODI at JSCA International Stadium, Ranchi – 01:30 pm IST/ 08:00 am GMT
- October 11: 3rd ODI at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi – 01:30 pm IST/ 08:00 am GMT
TV and live streaming details
- India: Star Sports 1; Disney+ Hotstar app
- South Africa: SS Grandstand, SS Cricket
- Continental Europe, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Japan and South East Asia (except Singapore): YuppTV
- USA: Willow TV
- Australia: Fox Cricket, Kayo Sports
- New Zealand: Sky NZ