Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new No. 1 on DEG’s Watched at Home Top 20 List. This week, the blockbuster sequel Venom: Let There Be Carnage snatched the crown from Yellowstone Season 4, which dropped to No. 2. Free Guy likewise dropped to No. 3 but faces stiff holiday competition in the weeks ahead from popular classics such as How the Grinch Stole Christmas (No. 4), The Grinch (No. 5), Elf (No. 9), Home Alone (No. 13) and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (No. 15).
Thankfully, Planes, Trains & Automobiles made an appearance on the list at No. 20, restoring my faith in humanity.
DEG compiles the Watched at Home Top 20 list with the most widely consumed titles on disc and digital during the previous week (except for outside subscription-based streaming platforms). Assembled with the newest studio and retailer data every seven days, it showcases current consumer enthusiasm for home viewing of the newest film and television releases.
1. Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Sony)
2. Yellowstone S4 (Paramount)
3. Free Guy (20th Century Studios)
4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000, Universal)
5. The Grinch (2018, Universal)
6. Yellowstone S1 (Paramount)
7. The Suicide Squad (Warner Bros.)
8. F9: The Fast Saga (Universal)
9. Elf (Warner Bros.)
10. Yellowstone S2 (Paramount)
11. Old (Universal)
12. Yellowstone S3 (Paramount)
13. Home Alone (Disney)
14. Candyman (Universal)
15. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (Warner Bros.)
16. Harry Potter – Complete 8-Film Collection (Warner Bros.)
17. Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard (Lionsgate)
18. Respect (MGM)
19. The Addams Family 2 (MGM)
20. Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Paramount)